Entire Concrete is committed to implementing industry-leading environmental measures when it comes to the creation, delivery and recycling of our concrete products. At its inception, Entire Concrete began with the focus to employ local people, where possible to shop locally, and engage with the local communities in which we operate through sporting teams and humanitarian causes.
We believe it is a requirement that we actively contribute to the local community, and as such, Entire Concrete, the home of the green trucks, decided to go green in 2010.
Our strategy included;
- Moving toward long term sustainability with a view to become increasingly self-sufficient over time.
- Installation of a concrete recycler. Installing a concrete recycler reduces waste, eliminates the need for excess landfill and potential soil contaminants.
- Recycle the raw materials utilised in the manufacturing of concrete, including aggregates (rocks) sands, and cementitious materials (i.e. cement powder and flash).
- Reducing Entire Concrete’s reliance on our natural environment was to harvest the rainwater that fell on site. Entire currently harvests approximately 450,000 litres of water.
- Install the solar system through Metro Solar, an Australian-based engineering firm who offered the new and innovative microinverter technology.
Today, the power generated through the use of a solar technology is sufficient to power the company’s on-site concrete recycler and water reticulation programs, another step in the road towards onsite self-sufficiency.